Taking care of your whips
• Do not crack your whip on hard surfaces, such as concrete, gravel or bitumen roads.
• Try to keep your whip clean and dry
• Keep your whip well dressed with a leather dressing like "Dubbin". This should be done on a regular basis.
• Always replace your cracker immediately, as cracking without it will cause undue wear on your fall.
• The fall will need to be replaced periodically when worn.
Whips are not toys, whips can cause considerable pain and cut flesh. When a whip cracks the tip is traveling at over 1400 feet per second.
When using your whip make sure:
1. You have enough room around you
2. Other people are at a safe distance
3. Children using the whip are under adult supervision
4. Wear safety glasses, hat and protective clothing